[freeside-users] Contract end date question

Ivan Kohler ivan at freeside.biz
Tue Mar 26 13:03:59 PDT 2013

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 11:38:27AM -0500, vlad wrote:
> Hello folks.
>
> Testing a shiny new 3.x from git. Had some fun upgrading our 2.3.5 dataset,
> but all seems well now.
>
> What is the purpose of the Contract End Date option in package definitions?

Informational / future/local use right now.  Doesn't do anything
intrinsicly itself yet.

I believe there are folks who trigger billing events off it, report on
it, include it in emailed/printed templates, that sort of thing.

> We're trying to figure out the best way to provide discounted prices for
> contract customers. Are timed discounts still the best way to do this?

There was a "term discount" feature sponsored a few years back then
mostly abandoned.  IIRC should still mostly work, though some quirks
have developed from the bitrot.  It might be worth reviving for this.