[freeside] problem with Conf.pm module.

ivan ivan at 420.am
Sun Feb 11 07:02:23 PST 2001

On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 10:36:18AM -0500, Sergio Gonzalez wrote:

> >That needs to be a directory, hence the error.  It needs to be the
> >directory containing all of your config files, secret file, etc.  Are you
> >sure you didn't change anything?
> >
> >-Kristian
>

> hmmm I saw that the fs-setup script generated a dbdef.DBI..... file into
> /usr/local/etc/freeside. Then I took a look into the Conf.pm file and saw
> it was specting to find a conf.DBI.... file

No, it's expecting to find a directory, as documented in
htdocs.docs/config.html.  Read and follow the instructions in
htdocs/docs/config.html *before* running fs-setup.  This is why
htdocs/docs/install.html has "Create the necessary configuration files"
*before* "run bin/fs-setup".  You are expected to follow the instructions
in order.  Please attempt to do so before sending your help request to the
hundres of people on this mailing list.

> (well, as I already said, i'm
> not migrating from any other version of freeside, this is the first!), so
> maybe that's a kind of error. Well, i just renamed the dbdef.DBI:..... file
> with conf.DBI

Don't do that.

>:..... and the I found another error
>
> /usr/local/etc/freeside//conf.DBI...... doesn't exists!. (the double slash
> in the path!!).

The double slash is not a problem; it's equivalent to a single slash.

> Then, I supose that the double slash was a kind of typo, so
> I deleted it. Then found the /usr/local/etc/freeside/conf.DBI:..... isn't a
> directory! error. I made a "cat" to the conf.DBI:..... file and it was
> plenty of table definitions... why this file is like it... a file...
> instead of a directory like Conf.pm reclaims?

You created the file (in error).  Why are you asking us why it's a file
instead of a directory?

--
meow