[freeside] Converting passwd to freeside

Sergio Gonzalez sagonzal at sky.net.co
Wed Feb 7 21:12:23 PST 2001

Hi, I got a little problem

I couldn't install the freeside software entirely. All the perl modules
needed by freeside were installed ok. I got a recent Mysql server and my
perl is also recent.

Here is what I got.

OS: Linux-Mandrake (Redhat Compatible) Kernel 2.2.15
Perl: 5.6.0
Database Engine: MySQL 3.23.23-beta-log
DBD: DBI-1.14
DBI: 1.2215

I saw at the documentation that I have to have some config files under
/usr/local and /usr/local/etc directories in order to run FreeSide
software. I took a look into those directories, but I didn't find anything.
When I try to run the fs-setup script (I hopefully expected that such
script create those directories and the config files), that script gave me:

"no user freeside found at mapsecrets file"

Where or how can I get some examples of what should I have into those
directories?.

Or how can I generate them?.

Thanks a lot.

/Sergio