PQconnectdb() error...

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Wed Sep 30 03:43:56 PDT 1998

/var/spool/freeside/conf/secrets contains three lines, which correspond to
the first three arguements for the DBI connect method (see the DBI
manpage):

	$dbh = DBI->connect($data_source, $username, $auth);
	$dbh = DBI->connect($data_source, $username, $auth, \%attr);

The interpretation of $data_source is driver-specific.  The syntax for
DBD::Pg (see the DBD::Pg manpage) is:

	$dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:Pg:dbname=$dbname", $user, $passwd);

You have:

DBI:Pg:freeside
freeside
your_password

in /var/spool/freeside/conf/secrets, and you should have:

DBI:Pg:dbname=freeside
freeside
your_password

Hope that helps.

I'll try to make this more clear in the documentation.

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key
Silicon Interactive Software Design - http://www.sisd.com/ - 888-670-SISD