Sign-Up Server Integration

Martin G. Bayerle bayerle at auidea.org
Tue Sep 22 08:54:33 PDT 1998

Subject:     Sign-Up Server Integration
Sent:        9/22/98 10:51 AM
To:          MarkConstable
             ludovicy at gms.lu
             ivan at sisd.com

Dear Mark and Steve (and, of course, Ivan),

Here is what we have:

A Web Based Sign-Up server, based on Minivend (for documentation:
http://www.minivend.com).  This now produces a web based result, and has
all other Minivend functionality.  A demo is currently running at:
http://avalon.imagixx.net:7790/signup/

and is available from

Goal: to permit ISPs to freely distributye CDs far and wide, to acquire
new users anywhere through an automated process (and, to bill those
customers).

This is the procedure we propose (Initially):

1.  Select a dialer which will detect/set-up Windows 95 dial-up network.
We also wish to add/install selected suite of Net software, including
Browser, E-mail etc.

See:  http://ieak.microsoft.com/cmak_isp.asp

and Microsoft's IEAK.

See also: http://help.netscape.com/docs/client/MC/acctproc4.html

and Netscape's CCK.

2.  Configure dial-up networking for a pre-designated POP (possibly 800
number), based on a restricted account via RADIUS/NAS filter.  This
sign-up at domain can access only the sign-up webserver.

3.  Minivend checks passwd file for username/password approval,
credit-card info, authorizes credit card and, if successful, feeds
account info to Freeside.

4.  Minivend feeds response to new user with username/password
confirmation.

5.  Freeside writes passwd file, directories, etc. for new account.

6.  Optional for IDEA:  this info feeds R-home Dialer, customer
disconnects, selects country/state/province and reconnects with dialer.
For Dialer, http://www.auidea.org/promo/

What do you think?

Martin