pgsql & freeside

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Thu Sep 17 19:05:58 PDT 1998

/var/spool/freeside/conf/secrets contains three lines, which correspond to
the first three arguements for the DBI connect method (see the DBI
manpage):

	$dbh = DBI->connect($data_source, $username, $auth);
	$dbh = DBI->connect($data_source, $username, $auth, \%attr);

The interpretation of $data_source is driver-specific.  The syntax for
DBD::Pg (see the DBD::Pg manpage) is:

	$dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:Pg:dbname=$dbname", $user, $passwd);

My guess is you have:

dbi:Pg:freeside
freeside
your_password

in /var/spool/freeside/conf/secrets, and you should have:

dbi:Pg:dbname=freeside
freeside
your_password

Hope that helps.