[freeside-users] Error on new customers since upgrade to 4.3

Nathan Kennedy nathan at nkent.us
Tue Sep 10 12:54:31 PDT 2019

On Mon, 2019-09-09 at 12:39 -0400, John Wilson wrote:
> I migrated a very old install (3.92) a few days ago to a new server
> (debian 9.9 w/Freeside 4.3 - installed from freeside-stretch repo)
> and everything seemed to check out. Took a few payments, changed a
> few packages, etc.
>

> Today had a couple of new sign ups, when processing a payment on
> these 2 new customers (initial payment and a payment to one account
> after the initial setup/payment)
Hello John,
I would look at your message templates for sending payment receipts and
the such as they are probably using a substitution variable that is not
compatible with version 4.x.  The main one that I can think of offhand
would be anything using $payby as that is no longer used in version
4.x, but there could be others.
Cheers,

--
Nathan Kennedy