[freeside-users] Setting up Debian 9.8

Nathan Kennedy nathan at nkent.us
Tue Apr 2 17:10:25 PDT 2019

On Tue, 2019-04-02 at 18:56 -0500, Tim wrote:
> So no, this seem to not be true, "The Freeside Debian packages
> typically have the proper dependencies" in this case.
> Has anyone gotten it installed using that guide?
Hello Tim,

I did an install just a few days ago with minimal issues.  You might
open up the full aptitude interface and see if it gives you more
information about what is causing it to not install properly.
Per my previous response the two packages that cause the most grief are
libev-perl and ssmtp.  I typically install ssmtp prior to running the
Freeside installation and be sure to add libev-perl- to the aptitude
line and see if that helps.

Cheers,

--
Nathan Kennedy