[freeside-users] Setting up Debian 9.8

Tim tim at voce.systems
Tue Apr 2 16:56:47 PDT 2019

>On Tue, 2019-03-26 at 18:57 -0400, Blair Davis wrote:
>>/I'm setting up Debian 9.8 on a Dell 2850 to run Freeside. />>/Any gotcha's I should know about? />>/I assume a server type setup without a GUI is best? />>/Any default packages I don't need to install? />>/Any add-on packages I do need? />Hello Blair,

>As a rule I typically do minimal installations with just openssh.  The
>Freeside Debian packages typically have the proper dependencies so
>installing them doesn't typically take a lot of work.
>A few things I did note during my last install was it had some issues
>working around installing ssmtp and there is still a dependency that
>tries to bring libev-perl in which will completely break apache.  To
>get around these you can preinstall ssmtp so it is already there and on
>your apt install line include libev-perl- and it should install without
>any troubles.

Hello.

Have you even tried that guide the OP posted the link to?

http://www.freeside.biz/mediawiki/index.php/Freeside:4:Documentation:InstallingOnDebian9

I think it is broken, or incorrect.

First, it tells you to "Add the following apt sources to|/etc/apt/sources.list|  (for Debian 9.x "stretch"):"

Done.
Next "Run|aptitude update|."
Done.
Next "aptitude install freeside freeside-lib freeside-webui"

Output:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

  freeside-lib : Depends: libclass-container-perl but it is not going to be installed
                 Depends: libhtml-mason-perl but it is not going to be installed
                 Depends: liblocale-subcountry-perl (< 2) but 2.01-1 is to be installed
                 Depends: liblog-dispatch-perl but it is not going to be installed
                 Depends: libparams-validate-perl but it is not going to be installed
                 Depends: libdatetime-perl but it is not going to be installed
                 Depends: libdatetime-format-strptime-perl but it is not going to be installed
                 Depends: libauthen-passphrase-perl but it is not going to be installed
                 Depends: libemail-sender-perl but it is not going to be installed
                 Depends: libemail-sender-transport-smtp-tls-perl but it is not going to be installed
                 Depends: libdatetime-format-natural-perl but it is not going to be installed
                 Depends: libgnupg-interface-perl but it is not going to be installed
                 Depends: libdatetime-set-perl but it is not going to be installed
                 Depends: libhttp-server-simple-mason-perl but it is not going to be installed
                 Depends: libxml-rss-perl but it is not going to be installed
                 Depends: libhtml-mason-psgihandler-perl but it is not going to be installed
                 Depends: libapache2-authcookie-perl but it is not going to be installed
                 Depends: libdate-extract-perl but it is not going to be installed
                 Depends: libparams-classify-perl (>= 0.013-5.1) but it is not going to be installed
                 Depends: libmap-splat-perl but it is not going to be installed
                 Depends: libdatetime-format-ical-perl but it is not going to be installed

So no, this seem to not be true, "The Freeside Debian packages typically have the proper dependencies" in this case.

Has anyone gotten it installed using that guide?

Thanks