[freeside-users] Freeside inventory

Larry Smith lesmith at ecsis.net
Tue Apr 2 09:05:00 PDT 2019

On Tue April 2 2019 10:34, Nathan Kennedy wrote:
> On Tue, 2019-04-02 at 10:31 -0500, Larry Smith wrote:
> >   Cool, thanks, I have my phones configured there, and canselect
> > which one from the drop down when I select "Add Device"but still do
> > not see where I set the device to use the inventoryI added (Inventory
> > still shows 29 phones, 29 available even thoughI have assigned 17 of
> > them).
>
> Hello Larry,
>
> Did you set the inventory class at Configuration -> Services -> Phone
> -> View/Edit phone device types?  With that set you should be able to
> select the phone device type and the MAC address field will switch to a
> drop down box.
>
> Cheers,

Nathan,

  Yes, I have three inventory classes (router, switch, and phone)
and the phone device types are all under "phone".  These show
up when I do the Add Device for a Voip service and I can select
the type of phone and can even select the MAC address from
those I have loaded into inventory, but the inventory always
shows all as available and none in use.

--
Larry Smith
lesmith at ecsis.net