[freeside-users] Real time processing events return status "Failed: Missing payinfo".

Ernie Dunbar ernied at lightspeed.ca
Tue Mar 27 09:43:48 PDT 2018

No real update on this. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one however.

I've got a workaround that takes the output from the freeside-daily
script, and generates a list of links you can open in a browser and
repeatedly click "process payment" and "Ctrl-Tab" until your thumbs get
sore. It certainly reduces the amount of time that manual credit card
payments take (what used to take several days of really aggravating
tedium now takes about an hour of less aggravating tedium), but it's
definitely not the automation we expect in this day and age.

Attached is the script to generate the links. You need to modify it to
use the base URL for your system. There's plugins for most browsers to
open a huge list of links in new tabs like this.

(well, it used to be an attachment, but it was "waiting for moderator
approval" for being an attachment. Moderator approval never came.)

#!/bin/bash

# Change $baseurl to your site's Freeside URL. "mydomain.com" almost
certainly doesn't have a Freeside implementation.

baseurl='https://mydomain.com/freeside/'

month=`date +%b%d%Y`
today=`date +%b\ %e`
today="$today.*:"

if ! ls -l |grep -q "$today.*customerInvoices"
then
     echo "ERROR:"
     echo "You need a file named customerInvoices that contains the
output from the freeside_daily cron job"
     echo "and it needs to have todays timestamp, or this just is not
going to work."
     exit 1
fi

for i in `grep cust_bill_realtime_card customerInvoices |awk '{print
$7}' |sort |uniq`
do
     custnum=`psql -c "SELECT custnum FROM cust_bill WHERE invnum=$i"
|egrep '^\s' |grep -v custnum |tr -d '[:blank:]'`
     echo "$baseurl/misc/payment.cgi?payby=CARD;custnum=$custnum" >>
links$month.txt
done