[freeside-users] Quotation Template not showing prospect names

Chris vd Westhuizen chris at airbroadband.net
Mon Jun 4 05:04:20 PDT 2018

Good day all

My last resort is here...

I am using the latest Freeside-Appliance-4.2<http://www.freeside.biz/freeside/Freeside-Appliance-4.2.zip> on debian 8.

I have searched at the following places and more, but cannot get a helpful answer:
Google :)
http://www.freeside.biz/mediawiki/index.php/Freeside:3:Documentation:Administration:invoice_layout
http://www.freeside.biz/mediawiki/index.php/Invoice_template_documentation
http://mail.freeside.biz/pipermail/freeside-users/2016-November/006534.html

I have found a list of variables to use, but prospect name is not one of them.

[@-- $payname --@] seem to be empty when generating a quotation for a new prospect.  Thus only the address shows without the prospect names.  I cannot seem to find a way to have the prospect names to appear in the quotation.  The customer names appear only if it is an existing customer.

I cannot seem to find in the sourcecode or database keywords the variables like e.g. verticalreturnaddress accept as given as $verticalreturnaddress in the template configuration itself, that I might figure out how the variables gets populated.

To sum it up: For a new Prospect Quotation, the prospect number is shown, but no prospect names, like when generating a quotation for an existing customer it shows the customer number and names in the [@-- $payname --@] template parameter/variable.  I am trying to add the prospect names to the quotation template in the configuration.  How and where is the [@-- $payname --@] or other variables populated that I can maybe add the prospectname and use it in the templates?

Please point me in the proper direction, or maybe spoon-feed me :).  Once I am well on my way, I will contribute back to the community for sure! I am new to FreeSide.  I am an eager supporter of different environments I know well.  Thanks.

Kind Regards
Chris