[freeside-users] Real time processing events return status "Failed: Missing payinfo".

Ernie Dunbar ernied at lightspeed.ca
Thu Feb 8 10:49:53 PST 2018

Hi everyone.

Our Freeside install has not been sending out our automatic nightly
payments to our payment processor through the "freeside-daily" script.
Our payment processor receives no data about these attempted
transactions, and Freeside's billing events page for these customers
displays the following:

Event
<https://freeside.lightspeed.ca/freeside/search/cust_event.html?invnum=13423;_type=html;order_by=event>
	Date 	Status 	Trigger 	Cust# 	Cust. Status 	Name 	Company 	Address 1
Address 2 	City 	State 	Zip 	Country 	Day phone 	Night phone 	Mobile
phone 	Fax number 	Invoicing email(s)
Real Time Processing 	Jan 15 2018 00:00:02 	failed: Missing payinfo
Invoice #13423
<https://freeside.lightspeed.ca/freeside/view/cust_bill.cgi?13423>
30003 <https://freeside.lightspeed.ca/freeside/view/cust_main.cgi?30003>
	*Active*

(Customer data redacted for privacy)

When I google the error "failed: Missing payinfo" all I get is a link to
the code in Github that contains the error, found at
https://github.com/freeside/Freeside/blob/master/FS/FS/cust_main/Billing_Realtime.pm

We're still able to manually process these payments, which is strange.
You'd think that if we'd some kind of error in the way we've set up
Freeside, or the way the customer is set up in Freeside, then that would
fail too. But we know that the payment processor is working properly,
they're just not getting any payment requests from us until we do it
manually. Naturally, it's not feasible to spend several days going
through each account and clicking "Process credit card payment" for over
3,000 customers.

--
---
Lightspeed Communications and Dolphin Global Tel