[freeside-users] Misconfiguration or bug? "User not found." error in selfservice.cgi

Ivan Kohler ivan at freeside.biz
Wed May 31 13:18:26 PDT 2017

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 08:11:11PM -0700, Erreu Gedmon wrote:
> Long time fan, first time caller... ;) Great software guys, thank you!
>
> I just installed 4.1 and I was unable to get fs_selfservice or
> ng_selfservice operational until I commented out this line in FS:contact
> sub by_selfservice_email {
>   my($class, $email) = @_;
>
>   my $contact_email = qsearchs({
>     'table'     => 'contact_email',
>     'addl_from' => ' LEFT JOIN contact USING ( contactnum ) ',
>     'hashref'   => { 'emailaddress' => $email, },
>     'extra_sql' => " AND ( contact.disabled IS NULL ) ",
> #                   " AND ( contact.selfservice_access = 'Y' )",
>   }) or return '';
>
>   $contact_email->contact;

Thanks for the info.  Fixed in git, will be in 4.3.

(Your change will let everyone log in regardless of their "self-service
access" setting in the backend.)

> Could someone point me to a schema* with a brief description of the two
> tables contact and cust_contact? (Why are there two contact tables,
> cust_contact seems to be a subset of contact, maybe a reseller thing?)

In v4, contacts / contact email addresses can be shared among customers.
Consider, for example, a consultant who provides technical services for
multiple companies.

--
Ivan Kohler
President and Head Geek, Freeside Internet Services, Inc.  http://freeside.biz/