[freeside-users] Three minor Freeside 4.1 bugs with workarounds

Ivan Kohler ivan at freeside.biz
Wed May 31 13:29:43 PDT 2017

On Wed, Oct 05, 2016 at 09:14:30PM -0700, Erreu Gedmon wrote:

> I found a couple of bugs in 4.1. Here are my workarounds.
>
> Freeside 4.1 Import.pm bugs
>
> Name: Error: Illegal payby: BILL
> error: "Illegal payby: BILL" in cust_main.pm
> Expected: Properly formatted import file should not trigger errors.
> Reproduce: Create Batch Customer Import file with null payinfo field.
> Affects: .csv Batch Customer Imports in Freeside 4.1
> Cause: Possibly caused by deprecation of the payby field?

Thanks for the report.  Fixed in git, will be in 4.3.

> Name: Can't edit imported creditcard or e-check data
> after Batch Customer Import.
> Expected: Edit Customer should display the payinfo field content and
> permit editing.
> Reproduce: Import Batch Customer Import file with valid content in
> payinfo field.
> Affects: .csv Batch Customer Imports in Freeside 4.1
> Cause: payinfo,paycvv, and paydate are inserted into table cust_main
> instead of table cust_payby
> Workaround: manually enter all payinfo data (safe), or run an upgrade
> (less safe, wfmymmv)...
>              /etc/init.d/freeside stop ; systemctl stop apache2 ;
> systemctl restart postgresql
>              su -l freeside -c "freeside-upgrade fs_daily"
>              systemctl start apache2 ; /etc/init.d/freeside start
>              Check Reports; Logs; System Logs for errors...

Running freeside-upgrade after importing credit card data is a
reasonable workaround for now.

> Freeside 4.1 selfservice.cgi bug
>
> Name: Error: "Illegal username, domain."
> domain." if contact email address contains a plus (+) sign
> Expected: Successful login should be possible with any valid email address.
> Reproduce: Enter any contact email containing a plus sign, attempt to
> login with selfservice.cgi.
> Affects: Selfservice login in Freeside 4.1
> Cause: Email validation regex in selfservice.cgi doesn't check for the
> plus (+) sign.
> Workaround: wfmymmv Change the following line in selfservice.cgi from:
>                 if ( $cgi->param('email') =~
>              to:
>                 if ( $cgi->param('email') =~

Thanks.  I pushed this fix to the git repo, will be in 4.3.

--
Ivan Kohler
President and Head Geek, Freeside Internet Services, Inc.  http://freeside.biz/