[freeside-users] Fresh install on Debian 8

Obinna Chukwujekwu ochukwujekwu at ipnxnigeria.net
Thu Dec 3 15:59:38 PST 2015

Hello Sam

For some reason or the other the debian defaults in the Freeside Makefile do
not work.

I was finally able to install Freeside 3.7 on Debian 8.2 (Jessie) by editing
the Makefile and:

.         commenting out the default Apache version and uncommenting
APACHE_VERSION=2

.         commenting out the default document root and uncommenting
FREESIDE_DOCUMENT_ROOT = /var/www/html/freeside

.         commenting out the default include directory and uncommenting
APACHE_CONF = /etc/apache2/conf-available

Hope this also work for you.

Best Regards ...

Obinna Chukwujekwu

Head, IT Services Delivery