[freeside-users] error while adding an export

Jeremy Davis jeremy at manageisp.com
Thu Oct 12 13:39:13 PDT 2006

Eric wrote:
> Ivan,
>
> I have hit the same bug when trying to add the radius server export:
>
> Error: can't parse part_export.exportnum default value for sequence name:
>
> I've tried this on an older database that was changed, but also in a
> brand new installation, including running the dbdef-create against
> postgres 8.1.4. I am running FreeSide v1.5.8
I have noticed when you do a pg_dump for a restore on another DB with a
different version it can corrupt the sequence for certain tables.  For
me it seems like its always coming up during invoice creation.  What you
need to do is go into the database, drop the sequence and add it in
manually.  You can copy it from your pg_dump dump.  This is what got me
through something similar, just on a different table.

Sincerely,
Jeremy Davis