[freeside-users] Installing freeside-cvs via the debian install script

Ivan Kohler ivan at 420.am
Mon Jan 23 15:45:09 PST 2006

It might be useful to add your installation notes to the Wiki as well...
here are just some of my comments.  Thanks for posting this, I hope it
helps folks get the software running!

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 03:58:30PM -0700, Scott Langley wrote:

> Last week, I installed Freeside CVS on Debian Sarge, x86, using the
> script freeside/install/debian/3.1/INSTALL.

Just FYI, I'd consider that file (and the other stuff in install/) a lot
closer to rough notes than to a runnable script.  Patches most welcome
to anything in that directory; I've been updating them a lot less since
most of my new work has been on Debian 3.1.

> [...]
> 3. If you are installing freeside with integrated RT, then you will discover
>    that the CVS version is missing some required perl modules as running:
>    	freeside/rt/sbin/rt-test-dependencies --with-pg
>    will tell you.  The modules needed for developing within RT are not
>    strictly necessary.
>
>    Some of these required perl modules are available as debian packages, and
>    some appear to be only installable directly from source (or CPAN).

Again just FYI, on Debian, I personally install all the Perl modules
from packages rather than anything from CPAN directly.  The
  deb http://420.am/~ivan/freeside-sarge/ ./
apt source should have verything necessary to run Freeside CVS
(including RT) on Debian 3.1.

> 4. I found it necessary to modify line 50 of the original script to create
>    the fs_queue user with a password.

Why is it necessary to add a web-interface password for the internal
fs_queue user?