[freeside-users] issue with db schema

Chris Mazuc cmazuc at go-dti.com
Thu Aug 3 11:54:46 PDT 2006

This is my fourth time installing freeside, the first two times was with
1.4.1, the third time was with 1.5.7, and this time I'm using a CVS
snapshot from 08/01/06. The CVS snapshot installation is where I'm
having this issue.

I am using HTML::Mason version 1.33

As far as I can tell all of the software that FS depends on is
functioning correctly.

I am running Debian 3.1, perl 5.8.8, Postgresql 8.1.4, DBI 1.51, and
DBd::Pg 1.49

The error that I am getting when trying to do pretty much anything is:

  can't load database schema from
/usr/local/etc/freeside/dbdef.DBI:Pg:dbname=freeside at
/usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/FS/Schema.pm line 61.

I have noticed that /usr/local/etc/freeside/dbdef.DBI:Pg:dbname=freeside
is nonexistant. Is there a command I need to run in order to create it?
The documentation for the installation isn't very clear on many points.

Thank you,
Chris Mazuc
Systems Administrator
DataGroup Technologies