[freeside-users] issue with db schema

Jeff Finucane jeff at cmh.net
Thu Aug 3 13:44:48 PDT 2006

Chris Mazuc <cmazuc at go-dti.com> wrote on Thu, 03 Aug 2006 14:54:46 -0400....

+----------
| From: Chris Mazuc <cmazuc at go-dti.com>
| To: freeside-users at sisd.com
| Subject: [freeside-users] issue with db schema
| Sender: freeside-users-bounces at sisd.com
|
|                                       ... this time I'm using a CVS
| snapshot from 08/01/06. The CVS snapshot installation is where I'm
| having this issue.
|
| The error that I am getting when trying to do pretty much anything is:
|
|   can't load database schema from
| /usr/local/etc/freeside/dbdef.DBI:Pg:dbname=freeside at
| /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/FS/Schema.pm line 61.
|
| I have noticed that /usr/local/etc/freeside/dbdef.DBI:Pg:dbname=freeside
| is nonexistant. Is there a command I need to run in order to create it?
+----------

  This sounds as if you skipped the steps

     $ su freeside
     $ freeside-setup -d example.com USERNAME

  Check that, other steps you might have skipped, and that permissions
would allow the *nix freeside user to create the nonexistant directory.

jeff at cmh.net

"There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does
 not want merely because you think it would be good for him."

 Professor Bernardo de le Paz
  [ R.A. Heinlein -- "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" ]