[freeside-users] RADIUS

ivan ivan at 420.am
Thu Nov 10 05:39:32 PST 2005

On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 08:50:28PM -0500, Jeremy Davis wrote:
> Dave wrote:
> >2) What does freeside-sqlradius-radacctd do?
> >

> man freeside-sqlradius-radacctd states that it imports records from a
> radius server into the realtime session monitor.

For the record, no, freeside-sqlradius-radacctd doesn't have anything to
do with the old internal session monitor, which is pretty much
unmaintained/deprecated in favor of RADIUS these days.  The manual page
says:

       Imports records from an the SQL radacct tables of all sqlradius and
       sqlradius_withdomain exports (except those with the ignore_accounting
       flag) and updates the svc_acct.seconds for each account.  Runs as a
       daemon and updates the database in real-time.

Currently freeside-sqlradius-radacctd is only necessary for timed (by
the minute/hour/etc.) prepaid.

> >3) What is "sqlradius" whose reference I see
> >everywhere?

Just shorthand meaning an SQL database in the format used by RADIUS
servers such as FreeRADIUS and ICRADIUS.

 Is that the name of the database to whch
> >radius writes to?

No, the RADIUS database name is configurable in the expoort.