[freeside-users] RADIUS

Jeremy Davis jeremy at manageisp.com
Sun Nov 6 17:50:28 PST 2005

Dave wrote:

>Hello - I am new to freeside and am at a loss.
>
>I followed all instructions and now when I try to run
>freeside (/etc/init.d/freeside),
>freeside-sqlradius-radacctd does not start. I am
>writing radius records being generated by SER(SIP
>SErver) to a postgres database called "radius". Please
>help clarify the following:
>
>1) freeside-sqlradius-radacct does not start
>
>Error says: no sqlradius or sqlradius_withdomain
>exports without ignore_accounting at
>/usr/local/bin/freeside-sqlradius-radacctd line 42.

Does you radius export have ignore_accounting option checked?  This is a
checkbox under the exports section for radius.

>2) What does freeside-sqlradius-radacctd do?

man freeside-sqlradius-radacctd states that it imports records from a
radius server into the realtime session monitor.

>3) What is "sqlradius" whose reference I see
>everywhere? Is that the name of the database to whch
>radius writes to?
>
>4) what does freeside-sqlradius-reset do?

It resets the radcheck table with the radius username and passwords.  It
deletes the current contents then reloads it with data from freeside,
useful if you are adding a new radius server.

>Any overview of the process will help.
>
>Thanks

Jeremy