[freeside-users] RADIUS

Dave ddx66 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 5 17:55:28 PST 2005

Hello - I am new to freeside and am at a loss.

I followed all instructions and now when I try to run
freeside (/etc/init.d/freeside),
freeside-sqlradius-radacctd does not start. I am
writing radius records being generated by SER(SIP
SErver) to a postgres database called "radius". Please
help clarify the following:

1) freeside-sqlradius-radacct does not start

Error says: no sqlradius or sqlradius_withdomain
exports without ignore_accounting at
/usr/local/bin/freeside-sqlradius-radacctd line 42.

2) What does freeside-sqlradius-radacctd do?

3) What is "sqlradius" whose reference I see
everywhere? Is that the name of the database to whch
radius writes to?

4) what does freeside-sqlradius-reset do?

Any overview of the process will help.

Thanks