Incorrect Customer Balances

James McDonald james at homelandinternet.com
Thu May 26 09:46:26 PDT 2005

In Freeside 1.5Pre6, we have some customer accounts that are showing
very strange balances. In the billing history, the latest invoice
shows as Open with a balance equal to 2 months of service. When the
invoice is viewed, however, it shows a $0 balance. The total balance
in the billing history shows about 2 months worth of service
outstanding, but if you go to the Post Credit or Post Payment screen,
it again shows $0 balance. I've verified the charges and credits to
the account and the account should show a $0 balance. Why is the
total of the Balance column and the status of the last invoice not
showing correctly?