[freeside] Not prompted again for login at freeside internal server after first time. it just lets me in.......

Gerald V. Livingston II gerald.freeside at sysmatrix.net
Mon Mar 21 02:21:42 PST 2005

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 01:59:11 -0600 Clyde Swann wrote:

> ... Get prompted once when using htpasswd as auth file when logging into
> freeside internal server.  after then it lets me in without login prompt.

Are you closing your browser between connect attempts or simly moving to a
web page outside the freeside server then coming back while using the same
browser instance?

The browser caches the authentication authorization info until you close it
when using htpasswd. This is what allows you to move from page to page
within a site without having to log in for every page change.

It's a "feature" I use at work with a few admin pages I need to keep
available. When I sit down I open a single browser window and go to the
login page for each of the admin sites and type in my login data -- one
right after the other ina single browser instance. From that point on, as
long as i don't close that browser window I can bounce back and forth
between those sites without having to log in again.

Gerald