[freeside] Not prompted again for login at freeside internal server after first time. it just lets me in.......

Clyde Swann cswann at blackswann.net
Mon Mar 21 10:02:03 PST 2005

Gerald V. Livingston II wrote:

>On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 01:59:11 -0600 Clyde Swann wrote:
>

>>... Get prompted once when using htpasswd as auth file when logging into
>>freeside internal server.  after then it lets me in without login prompt.
>>

>Are you closing your browser between connect attempts or simly moving to a
>web page outside the freeside server then coming back while using the same
>browser instance?
>
>The browser caches the authentication authorization info until you close it
>when using htpasswd. This is what allows you to move from page to page
>within a site without having to log in for every page change.
>
>It's a "feature" I use at work with a few admin pages I need to keep
>available. When I sit down I open a single browser window and go to the
>login page for each of the admin sites and type in my login data -- one
>right after the other ina single browser instance. From that point on, as
>long as i don't close that browser window I can bounce back and forth
>between those sites without having to log in again.
>
>Gerald

For sure I thought along the lines you described.  I can come back the
next day after closing the browser and still get let in without a log in
prompt.  I also know the only true way to logout of a site is to close
the browse, even if the site has a logout button.

The odd thing is I can change the auth name file from htpasswd to
mapsecrets, and back to htpasswd, reboot Apache, enter freeside and get
the one prompt again to login.  Just rebooting Apache with changes does
nothing.

Thanks for your reply!  I will go through the mailing list archives
again.  Maybe something I miss.