Signup Server: Real Time Credit Card Processing Problem

Shivkumar shivkumar at outbackwifi.com
Thu Jun 16 08:10:33 PDT 2005

hi,.
since the list is mighty silent (or im not getting any new posts),
 here's a strange problem that I am facing.
 im running a 1.5.0pre6 cvs of 21 Apr 05 OS - Sun Solaris 8 on an
UltraSparc .
 I have everything nicely setup and working; including the signup server
which is on a small embedded linux box.
The signup, reseller and selfservice interfaces are working fine.
 I had recently added credit card processing through
Business::OnlinePayment.
 The processor is Verisign Payflow Pro.
 I am able to authorize credit card transactions for payments made
through the Customer View Interface.
 Now I have enabled Credit Card and Prepay as the payment types for the
signup server.
 The prepay module works great!
Thanks Ivan once again for great work on the prepay module.
Now if i set this setting to "NO"
"signup_server-realtime - Run billing for signup server signups
immediately, and do not provision accounts which subsequently have a
balance."
Then the new customer is able to signup using his credit card number etc
But if i set it to "YES" then I get a "declined" error and though the
customer gets created, his package gets canceled with a message in
Customer View that "agent X declined".
 I also went to the credit card processor website and logged in and
checked. There is no transaction at all!
So what I am guessing is that the transaction is declined locally by
freeside without going to the Processor at all.
Is this behavior expected? If so, how do I enable real-time credit card
processing for the signup server? (like i said before, i am able to post
credit card payments through the customer view interface).
The problem is that if i set the signup_server-realtime setting to "NO",
the customer will use his credit card to signup and use the service
without the system getting to know if his card is valid at all!

Regards,

Shivkumar