SQL Errors while upgrading from 1.4.1 to 1.5.0pre6 CVS

Scott Edwards supadupa at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 09:09:45 PDT 2005

While importing a snippet, I see:

ERROR:  column "pkgpart" does not exist

I split up http://www.sisd.com/freeside/docs/upgrade10.html into
seperate sql snippets. I've completed the 1.41 to 1.4.2 upgrade, and
I'm part way through upgrading to 1.5.0pre6 in preperation to use the
current CVS release.  I'm using postgresql 7.4.7 on Debian sarge.
Prior to the upgrade, just yesterday, I ran apt-get update ; apt-get
upgrade and also installed any held back packages (apache-perl and a
few other things).  All apt/dpkg installs went ok (a matter about
reconfiguring apache, but it's not a big issue at this point)

While inserting this chunk:

[snip]
CREATE TABLE part_pkg_option (
  optionnum int primary key,
  pkgpart int not null,
  optionname varchar(80) not null,
  optionvalue text NULL
);
CREATE INDEX part_pkg_option1 ON part_export_option ( pkgpart );
CREATE INDEX part_pkg_option2 ON part_export_option ( optionname );
[snip]

I see these messages:

[snip]
CREATE TABLE
ERROR:  column "pkgpart" does not exist
CREATE INDEX
[snip]

Do I ignore this and go on?  Everything so far appears to be
successful.  I can provide a full schema dump of the present state of
that database if neccessary. (maybe mine is a little brain dammaged?)

I'd really like to start on some improvements for freeside, but I'll
wait until I'm certian about this issue.

Thank you so much!

Scott Edwards
--
Daxal Communications - http://www.daxal.com
Surf the USA - http://www.surfthe.us

The full snippets of sql and status of import are provided for what I
call "step7.sql".  I include them here to be all inclusive, but allow
them to be ignore if they are not so relavant.

CREATE TABLE cust_pay_refund (
    payrefundnum serial NOT NULL,
    paynum int NOT NULL,
    refundnum int NOT NULL,
    _date int NOT NULL,
    amount decimal(10,2) NOT NULL,
    PRIMARY KEY (payrefundnum)
);
CREATE INDEX cust_pay_refund1 ON cust_pay_refund(paynum);
CREATE INDEX cust_pay_refund2 ON cust_pay_refund(refundnum);

CREATE TABLE cust_pay_void (
  paynum int NOT NULL,
  custnum int NOT NULL,
  paid decimal(10,2) NOT NULL,
  _date int,
  payby char(4) NOT NULL,
  payinfo varchar(80),
  paybatch varchar(80),
  closed char(1),
  void_date int,
  reason varchar(80),
  otaker varchar(32) NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (paynum)
);
CREATE INDEX cust_pay_void1 ON cust_pay_void(custnum);

CREATE TABLE part_pkg_option (
  optionnum int primary key,
  pkgpart int not null,
  optionname varchar(80) not null,
  optionvalue text NULL
);
CREATE INDEX part_pkg_option1 ON part_export_option ( pkgpart );
CREATE INDEX part_pkg_option2 ON part_export_option ( optionname );

DROP INDEX cust_bill_pkg1;

ALTER TABLE cust_bill_pkg ADD itemdesc varchar(80) NULL;
ALTER TABLE h_cust_bill_pkg ADD itemdesc varchar(80) NULL;
ALTER TABLE cust_main_county ADD taxname varchar(80) NULL;
ALTER TABLE h_cust_main_county ADD taxname varchar(80) NULL;
ALTER TABLE cust_main_county ADD setuptax char(1) NULL;
ALTER TABLE h_cust_main_county ADD setuptax char(1) NULL;
ALTER TABLE cust_main_county ADD recurtax char(1) NULL;
ALTER TABLE h_cust_main_county ADD recurtax char(1) NULL;
ALTER TABLE cust_pkg ADD last_bill int NULL;
ALTER TABLE h_cust_pkg ADD last_bill int NULL;
ALTER TABLE agent ADD disabled char(1) NULL;
ALTER TABLE h_agent ADD disabled char(1) NULL;
ALTER TABLE agent ADD username varchar(80) NULL;
ALTER TABLE h_agent ADD username varchar(80) NULL;
ALTER TABLE agent ADD _password varchar(80) NULL;
ALTER TABLE h_agent ADD _password varchar(80) NULL;
ALTER TABLE cust_main ADD paycvv varchar(4) NULL;
ALTER TABLE h_cust_main ADD paycvv varchar(4) NULL;
ALTER TABLE part_referral ADD disabled char(1) NULL;
ALTER TABLE h_part_referral ADD disabled char(1) NULL;
CREATE INDEX part_referral1 ON part_referral ( disabled );
ALTER TABLE pkg_svc ADD primary_svc char(1) NULL;
ALTER TABLE h_pkg_svc ADD primary_svc char(1) NULL;
ALTER TABLE svc_forward ADD src varchar(255) NULL;
ALTER TABLE h_svc_forward ADD src varchar(255) NULL;

$ psql freeside150pre6 < step7.sql
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence
"cust_pay_refund_payrefundnum_seq" for "serial" column
"cust_pay_refund.payrefundnum"
"cust_pay_refund_pkey" for table "cust_pay_refund"
CREATE TABLE
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
"cust_pay_void_pkey" for table "cust_pay_void"
CREATE TABLE
CREATE INDEX
"part_pkg_option_pkey" for table "part_pkg_option"
CREATE TABLE
ERROR:  column "pkgpart" does not exist
CREATE INDEX
DROP INDEX