SQL Errors while upgrading from 1.4.1 to 1.5.0pre6 CVS

Scott Edwards supadupa at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 12:59:59 PDT 2005

Fixed! See below.

On 4/13/05, Scott Edwards <supadupa at gmail.com> wrote:
> While importing a snippet, I see:
>
> ERROR:  column "pkgpart" does not exist
>
> I split up http://www.sisd.com/freeside/docs/upgrade10.html into
> seperate sql snippets. I've completed the 1.41 to 1.4.2 upgrade, and
> I'm part way through upgrading to 1.5.0pre6 in preperation to use the
> current CVS release.  I'm using postgresql 7.4.7 on Debian sarge.
> Prior to the upgrade, just yesterday, I ran apt-get update ; apt-get
> upgrade and also installed any held back packages (apache-perl and a
> few other things).  All apt/dpkg installs went ok (a matter about
> reconfiguring apache, but it's not a big issue at this point)
>
> While inserting this chunk:
>
> [snip]
> CREATE TABLE part_pkg_option (
>   optionnum int primary key,
>   pkgpart int not null,
>   optionname varchar(80) not null,
>   optionvalue text NULL
> );
> CREATE INDEX part_pkg_option1 ON part_export_option ( pkgpart );
> CREATE INDEX part_pkg_option2 ON part_export_option ( optionname );
> [snip]
>
> I see these messages:
>
> [snip]
> CREATE TABLE
> ERROR:  column "pkgpart" does not exist
> CREATE INDEX
> [snip]

The kind soul in #freeside has shed light on my question.  Here's the
transcript:

<khoff> just upgraded to HEAD about 2 days ago
<Supaplex> trying to do the same
<khoff> are you the one running 1.5.0pre3ish?
<Supaplex> no
<Supaplex> my post is just a few hours old
<Supaplex> 1.4.1 -> 1.5.0pre6 CVS (HEAD)
<khoff> ahh
<Supaplex> lemmie grab my post
<Supaplex> http://www.sisd.com/freeside/list-archive/msg04588.html
<khoff> I'm reading it
<Supaplex> I was going to look at the psql docs to see what that index
statement does
<khoff> it's not a problem with INDEX
<khoff> it looks like you don't have the part_export_option.pkgpart field
<khoff> where did you find those SQL statements?
<khoff> how old is your CVS snapshot?
<khoff> I think that's just a doc bug that I fixed a while back
<khoff> yeah, "pkgpart" should be "exportnum"
<Supaplex> hours
<khoff> mmm
<khoff> ohhhhh, are you reading the docs on the link on www.sisd.com?
<Supaplex>  exportnum   | integer               | not null
<Supaplex> I see
<Supaplex> yea
<Supaplex> http://www.sisd.com/freeside/docs/upgrade10.html
<khoff> hehe, Ivan hasn't updated the webdemo yet, so it has the old broken docs
<khoff> read you local copy of upgrade10.html
<Supaplex> ouuu ok
<khoff> or just replace pkgnum with exportnum
<Supaplex> cool
<khoff> err, pkgpart with exportnum
<Supaplex> freeside150pre6=> CREATE INDEX part_pkg_option1 ON
part_export_option ( exportnum );
<Supaplex> CREATE INDEX
<Supaplex> pwefect
<Supaplex> thanks