Error: couldn't insert record for new domain: Illegal recaf: NS

Online 2000 phil at on2k.com.au
Fri Sep 19 03:31:50 PDT 2003

Hi,

I am receiving the following error when trying to provision a svc_domain
service
with no Exports selected:

	Error: couldn't insert record for new domain: Illegal recaf: NS

As part of a new install I am trying to setup the first svc_domain as per
the Administration Page.
I have not ticked any exports because I do not want to setup the domain on
my DNS servers as it is already there.

If I try to provision a svc_acct service the domain drop down box is empty
and I get  Error: Can't find domsvc in svc_domain.svcnum.
I have typed a domain in the Configuration setting "domain - Your domain name".

I am using:
freeside-1.4.1
postgresql-7.3.4
freeside-asp
apache_1.3.28

I searched the mailling list archives and checked the FAQ.
Can anyone shed any light on the problem?

Thanks,
Phil