[freeside] problem starting the server

Michael George george at mutualdata.com
Thu Sep 18 19:07:23 PDT 2003

On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 09:41:46PM -0400, Michael George wrote:
> Preliminary info:
>
> Freeside 1.4.1
> Apache::ASP
> I've gone right down the list of Perl modules and installed them all
> SuSE 8.2Pro
> Perl 5.8.0-104
> postgresql 7.3.2-24
> perl-ApacheDBI-0.88-549
> perl-DBI-1.32-28
> perl-DBD-Pg-1.13-188
>

> I went through all the installation instructions and ran make install-init to
> create the /etc/rc.d/freeside script for starting freeside.
>
> However, when I ran that script, as root, /usr/local/bin wasn't in root's path
> and it failed.  I put the full pathname in for the executables and they will
> start, but eventually it all fails.  One problem is the "User nostart not
> found" (exact error below), which I found in the mailing list archives, but
> only to the extent that it is there for "obvious reasons" which are not yet
> obvious to me.
>
> However, I think the bigger problem is the lack of SharedMemoryCache.pm.  It
> seems to be called from a freeside script, so it's odd that it's missing.

Okay, I obtained and installed a couple more perl modules and I've fixed that
SharedMemoryCache.pm issue.  However, the "nostart" issue is still there and
that is keeping things from starting.

I have searched the archives and found only the one thread, which didn't give
any info on that.  Is there something else I should search on to find what I
seek?

Thanks!
-Michael