[freeside] Error: couldn't insert record for new domain: Illegal recaf: NS

ivan at 420.am ivan at 420.am
Fri Sep 19 03:53:49 PDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 08:35:11PM +1000, Online 2000 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am receiving the following error when trying to provision a svc_domain
> service
> with no Exports selected:
>
> 	Error: couldn't insert record for new domain: Illegal recaf: NS
>
> As part of a new install I am trying to setup the first svc_domain as per
> the Administration Page.
> I have not ticked any exports because I do not want to setup the domain on
> my DNS servers as it is already there.

You probably want to make sure the "defaultrecords" configuration option
(under "BIND configuration options") is empty for now.  You should then
be able to add your existing domains.  You probably only want to use
the "defaultrecords" option after importing data from your existing
nameservers and setting up a BIND export.

> I have typed a domain in the Configuration setting "domain - Your domain
> name".

This configuration option is in the "Deprecated" section and is not
recommended for use with new installations.