Radiator and Freeside

Troy Hammonds troyh at netsignia.net
Thu Jul 24 22:04:24 PDT 2003

I have been looking through the lists looking for info on useing Radiator
with freeside.  I see that the popular choices seem to be ICradius and
Free Radius but I have  already purchesed Radiator some years ago.  I do
not want Radiator to auth off my freeside database.  I have setup 1.4.1RC5
to uss sqlexport and I noticed that it was looking for perticular tables.
After reading about it I saw that the tables was from ICRadius.  I know
there is a way to make Radiator work off these tables but I am having
trouble understanding the how the reply and check tables are layed out.
Also I added my own check attribute when I  ran the fs-setup called
Simultanious-Use and I did a reply attribute Idle-Timeout. I cant find
anywhere in freeside where I can alter the data of these 2 tables. I have
setup everything so that when I add a user with a dialup package it writes
the info to the radius database but nothing about the Simultanious-Use or
Idle-Timeout.  I am shure this is an easy fix and I am prob just looking
over it.

Anyway does anyone use Radiator with freeside? If so can you give me some
insite on how you set yours up.

Troy Hammonds