[freeside] error adding service definition

Randall Lucas rlucas at tercent.net
Thu Jul 24 21:49:56 PDT 2003

RC5 is a release candidate (RC).  1.4.0 works with PG 7.2, but since PG
7.3 made their typecasting more strict ('' in 7.3 [empty string] now
fails to autocast to 0, which is technically more correct per SQL92,
but breaks assumptions Freeside developers made in 7.2) it doesn't work
with 7.3.  If you want to run FS with PG 7.3, you'll need either to
manually track down all the patches for 1.4.0 (tedious, not
recommended) or go with 1.4.1 (RC5 looks very likely to be the actual
1.4.1 release; see the changelog if you have doubts).

Randall

On Thursday, July 24, 2003, at 10:27 PM, Tony Carter wrote:

> Randall,
> At the bottom I did indicate that I'm running freeside-1.4.0. Is 1.4.1
> (RC5)
> stable? Is anyone else on the list using it in production?
>
> -Tony

>>> OR