[freeside] fs-setup (*sigh*)

Lal, Deepak (Contractor) dlal at harris.com
Thu Jul 10 13:17:01 PDT 2003

> Have you simply tried to connect to Postgres from a client using the
>username and password and database name you are trying to use with freeside?

Yes, I have and it works. If I use psql there is not problem to connect.
And this is exactly what is making me "mad".

But as I mentioned in my previous email, if I start postmaster with the "-i"
option (allow tcp/ip connections) and put the following entry in the pg_hba.conf
file :

host       all         127.0.0.1     255.255.255.255    trust

Then it works and I can connect to the database using the fs-setup program !!

Randall suggested configuring using md5 authentication and removing the "-i" and
the "127.0.0.1 ..." entry and then trying it. I did just that and now it does
not work again.