Invoice date

Jeff freeside at vernonia-or.com
Thu Feb 20 19:11:59 PST 2003

Hi,
I have Freeside 1.4.0 installed and my legacy data imported.  I am using
exports to maintain system accounts and the ICRADIUS DBs.  I have a question
about the invoice date.

I use '1st of month billing'.  When I generate next months invoices, on the
15th of every month, I use the following command.  $freeside-daily -d
3/2/2003 freeside

The invoice date and the invoice event date end up being the same as the
pretend date.  Shouldn't these dates be the actual date the invoice was
created and sent, in my case 2/15/2003?  I was thinking the pretend date was
used
to just force the next billing cycle.  I discovered this to be a problem
when I
was trying to setup additional invoice events.  I wanted to send out a
reminder 15 days after the invoice was sent and then a suspend event on the
10th, 25 days after the invoice was generated and emailed.  This invoicing
process is not going to work if events are triggered from the pretend date.
Is there a better idea or could I modify freeside-daily to help my
situation?

 In freeside-daily, the variables 'time' and 'invoice_time' are assigned the
value of $time, pretend date.  Would this be the place to assign the current
date to 'invoice_time'?

Also, how can I re-email an invoice?  I would like to add a link next to the
'Reprint this invoice' link.  It probably would be nice to add an invoice
event for historical reasons.  Which PM handles the email process?

Thanks,
Jeff

My config:  Freeside 1.4.0, Apache::ASP, RH7.3, Perl 5.6.1, PGSQL 7.2.1