[freeside] Invoice date

ivan ivan at 420.am
Tue Feb 25 19:34:21 PST 2003

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 07:11:56PM -0800, Jeff wrote:
> Hi,
> I have Freeside 1.4.0 installed and my legacy data imported.  I am using
> exports to maintain system accounts and the ICRADIUS DBs.  I have a question
> about the invoice date.
>
> I use '1st of month billing'.  When I generate next months invoices, on the
> 15th of every month, I use the following command.  $freeside-daily -d
> 3/2/2003 freeside
>
> The invoice date and the invoice event date end up being the same as the
> pretend date.  Shouldn't these dates be the actual date the invoice was
> created and sent, in my case 2/15/2003?

The invoice date should not.  The -d option is used to pre-print
invoices with a future date.

The invoice event dates should, and this is fixed on the 1.4.1 branch
(after 1.4.1beta6, though).

> Also, how can I re-email an invoice?  I would like to add a link next to the
> 'Reprint this invoice' link.  It probably would be nice to add an invoice
> event for historical reasons.

I like patches.  There's one in the mailing list archive for this
functionality you might be able to clean up - it wasn't against a
current version (HEAD or FREESIDE_1_4_BRANCH), was word-wrapped and
commented inline.  It didn't add an invoice event but I wouldn't call
that a necessity.

> Which PM handles the email process?

FS::cust_bill::send