[freeside] Billing customers ahead of time.

freeside freeside at cyberabused.com
Wed Feb 19 19:55:32 PST 2003

We are also interested in advance billing for our prepaid term plan customers.  These customers prepay for one, two, and three year prepaid plans in exchange for a discount in the monthly-equivalent rate.  We get the cash up front.  How do you get Freeside to bill in advance for this, rather than at the end of the period?

Plus, like Tim Jung, we would like to see a hook somehow to shut off users in our Radiator RADIUS when they hit a certain number of hours in a month.  We sell a 15-hour limited plan that costs an extra $1 per hour above 15 hours, and if a customer specifically requests that we not let them go over the 15 hours, I want to offer that option.

Optigold does all this, but too much $ and besides, if I am going to use a dB backend it is going to be MySQL or Postgres and not (gack) an off-brand minor commercial package.

Randall Pigott
<randall at riva.net>