[freeside] Error 'Variable "%num_active_cust_pkg" will not stay shared ' when clicking on "View/Edit package definitions"

Dax kruft at sisna.com
Tue Aug 5 13:53:58 PDT 2003

I have seen the same error.  I was intending to add my first package as
well, but I get the error when I click "View/Edit package definitions".
 Sven stated it occurred when he tried to 'add your first service'
(according to the last subject).  I don't see this or any other type of
error thus far after my most recent reinstall.

Some of the packages are not available in Debian/testing (there are more
dependency gaps on Debian/stable - woody 3.0).   Some backports* from
unstable or via dh-make-perl* were needed to install all them.  only
perl modules (libfoo-perl) are affected by backports and dh-make-perl.
The remaining packages are stock for the current Debian testing tree.
 This machine is PIII/600 265Mb ram.  I've copied the apache-ssl init.d
script to apache-ssl-freeside which uses config files in
/etc/apache-ssl-freeside. (works very well mind you!)

Prior to revewing this problem I experence, I noticed I had about 4
missing dependencies, so I started over after I had all the dependencies
listed.  typescripts are available upon request.
Apache shows no errors regarding this incident in its logs.  I'm using
freeside-1.4.1rc5, With mason 1.21-1.  Other versions of freeside
dependencies are listed below.

Name                                   Version
======================================-====================================
perl                                   5.8.0-18
perl-base                              5.8.0-18
perl-modules                           5.8.0-18

apache-common                          1.3.27.0-2
apache-ssl                             1.3.27.0-2

libapache-mod-perl                     1.27-4

ssh                                    3.6.1p2-3

rsync                                  2.5.6-0.1

postgresql                             7.3.2r1-5
postgresql-client                      7.3.2r1-5
postgresql-doc                         7.3.2r1-5

libmime-base64-perl                    2.20-1
libmd5-perl                            2.02-3.1
liburi-perl                            1.23-1
libhtml-tagset-perl                    3.03-2
libhtml-parser-perl                    3.28-3
libnet-perl                            1.12-1
libbusiness-creditcard-perl            0.27-2
libmailtools-perl                      1.58-1
libtimedate-perl                       1.1400-1
libdate-manip-perl                     5.42a-2
libfile-counterfile-perl               1.00-1
libfreezethaw-perl                     0.43-2
libstring-approx-perl                  3.19-1
libtext-template-perl                  1.42-3
libdbi-perl                            1.35-1
libdbd-pg-perl                         1.22-2
libdbix-datasource-perl                0.02-3
libdbix-dbschema-perl                  0.21-1
libnet-ssh-perl                        0.07-1
libstring-shellquote-perl              1.00-4
libnet-scp-perl                        0.06-1
libhtml-mason-perl                     1.21-1
libtie-ixhash-perl                     1.21-2
libtime-duration-perl                  1.01-2
libhtml-widgets-selectlayers-perl      0.02-2
libstorable-perl                       2.07-1
libapache-dbi-perl                     0.89-1

libapache-request-perl                 1.1-0.1
^^-- unreported dependency --^^

* debian specific terms:
backport, when you compile the package from a newer release for the
current one (debian reference manual section 6.4.10)
dh-make-perl, create a Debian package for a perl cpan (or otherwise) module.

Do I have the correct versions of the dependencies in place?  I was
considering dropping the database, and using a clean copy, but is there
somewhere else I can check first?

I appriciate your time.

--Dax.