[freeside] Additional Email Addresses

ivan at 420.am ivan at 420.am
Tue Aug 5 12:57:06 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 06:29:01PM -0500, Mark Stewart wrote:
> I tried defining 5 Dialup Services in a single package which would
> handle the additional email addresses we need. Unfortunately it
> breaks the current signup server requirement of one service per package (1.4.1rc5)

The signup server no longer requires one service per package.  Since
1.4.1rc4, the signup server now requires that one (of any number) of
services in the package have table "svc_acct" and quantity "1".

Kindly don't spread misinformation.  Thanks.

> Next step was to add a service called "Additional Email" and add a quantity
> of 4 of these services to the base package. The issue I run into is
> providing a unique username across two services.  When I add a user to
> either the main Dialup Service or the Additional Email Service, I can add
> duplicate usernames to the same domain name which breaks our backend
> requirement of unique usernames in a domain.
>
> Is there another way of adding additional email addresses, using the
> signup server and maintaining unique usernames across a single domain?

Duplicate username checking is triggered by the exports associated with
your services.