Error 'Variable "%num_active_cust_pkg" will not stay shared ' when adding first new package

Sven sven at dmv.com
Tue Aug 5 12:40:17 PDT 2003

Good afternoon,

My system/software specs are as follow:

Solaris 9 (sparc 64)
Apache 1.3.28 (DSO)
ModPerl 1.28 (statically compiled)
Perl 5.6.1
HTML-Mason 1.22
PostgreSQL 7.3.4
freeside-1.4.1rc5 (because of the PostgreSQL version)
DBD-Pg-1.22
DBI-1.37

All other modules per installation instructions are CPAN current (as of 01
Aug 2003 or so)

After getting this installed on a Solaris sparc machine (no small feat mind
you) I was able to add a service successfully (per the instructions, this
would be a domain service - svc_domain). After returning to the main menu
and then from the sysadmin section choosing "View/Edit package definitions"
I am presented with the following error(s):

-------- begin error code ------------
error: Error during compilation of
/var/apache-freeside/htdocs/freeside-mason/browse/part_pkg.cgi:
Variable "%num_active_cust_pkg" will not stay shared at
/var/apache-freeside/htdocs/freeside-mason/browse/part_pkg.cgi line 148.

context: ...
144: % $a->pkgpart <=> $b->pkgpart;
145: %}
146: %
147: %sub active_cust_pkg_sort {
148: % $num_active_cust_pkg{$b->pkgpart} <=>
$num_active_cust_pkg{$a->pkgpart};
149: %}
150: %
151: %
152:
---------- end error code -----------

I have searched the mail archives and found reference to this error as it
pertains to the 1.50 pre-release (with the response being that there is no
user support for that release yet). I am experiencing this on a 1.4 release
however; my choosing 1.4.1rc5 was driven by the pg_atoi empty string error
as I am using version 7.3.4 of Postgres. A cursory test of the admin
functions reveals that they do appear to work. I am hoping there is a
solution to this problem?

Sven Willenberger
Systems Administration
Delmarva Online, Inc.