[freeside] freeside-queue dies

Alan Murrell swasak at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 22 21:49:30 PST 2002

> What's in /usr/local/etc/freeside/queuelog.<datasource> (where
> <datasource> is your DBI data source) ?

That file actually did not exist.  Nor would it get anything written to it
even after I created a empty copy.

> chown freeside /usr/local/etc/freeside

Wasn't necessary; ownership was already correct.

> Try commenting out the
>   &daemonize;
> call in freeside-queued  - you might get a more useful error message.

And indeed I did: "user freeside not in mapsecrets".  Once I ran
freeside-adduser to add the freeside user, freeside-queued runs just fine.

Now, as you warned me, I do seem to be running into some problems, which may
be related to the fact that I ignored your warning and decided to use MySQL
anyway :-)

I'll attempt a re-install, but with PostgreSQL before posting about the
problems I am experiencing, just to make sure they're not database-related.

Thanx for your help!

Alan Murrell swasak at hotmail.com