[freeside] Integration with Radiator via MySql

ivan ivan at 420.am
Mon Jan 14 12:12:57 PST 2002

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 08:42:30PM -0800, Chad Skidmore wrote:
> I currently have Freeside v.1.4.0pre6 installed.  The system appeared
> to work with test run while setup for standard /etc/passwd /etc/shadow
> /etc/raddb/users. My desire is to use mysql for radius and qmail so the
> next step was to move towards that setup.  In looking at the Docs it is
> mentioned that you cannot use Postgresql for the Freeside backend with
> mysql for radius etc. but I noticed that on the configuration screen
> under icradiusmachines that it says you do not need to run mysql as the
> Freeside backend to export to mysql.

Thanks.  The documenation was out of date; I've corrected it.  In 1.4, you
can run PostgreSQL for your Freeside database and set icradius_secrets to
a separate MySQL database.

icradiusmachines, icradius_mysqlsource and icradius_mysqldest have been
deprecated - set icradius_secrets to your RADIUS database, or set it to a
local database and use MySQL replication.

>  I have Radiator and mysql running on the remote RADIUS server and have
> followed what documentation I could understand to setup the vaious
> config files but the system does not seem to work.  When the
> icradius-secrets file exists I get a blank page when going to any of
> the browse customer screens, new customer screenst, etc.  Once I remove
> that file the system returns to normal.

It sounds like the connection to the data source specified in
icradius_secrets couldn't be made.  What's in your Apache error log?

> icradius_secrets
>    DBI:mysql:radius,mysql,somepassword

These three items should be on separate lines, not separated with commas
on a single line.

> Am I missing something obvious or is this type of configuration really
> not supported?  I know that I could have Radiator lookup agains the
> Freeside Radiator Postgresql database but I would prefer to have it and
> QMail lookup agains a different db on the
> local machine for security reasons and to insure uptime if the main db
> server is down.

I agree.