[freeside] ICRadius 0.18.1 and Freeside 1.4.0 integration

Vlad Sedov vlad at onrampok.com
Fri Dec 13 12:06:34 PST 2002

I am using freeside with ICRadius....

I must agree with Ivan, it is much better to run freeside on postgres.
However, that doesn't stop you from exporting to ICRadius's mysql
database.

You have to make sure you have your mysql DBI modules installed.

Then, add an sqlradius export and use something like this for your DBI
datasource:

DBI:mysql:radiusdb:hostname

replace 'radiusdb' with the name of your ICRadius database, and
'hostname' with the hostname of the Mysql server. You can omit the
hostname part if mysql runs on the same box as freeside.

make sure that the username you specify in the "Database username" field
has access to the radius db from freeside's host.

hope that helps

Vlad