[freeside] ICRadius 0.18.1 and Freeside 1.4.0 integration

Eric Smoker smoker at sciotowireless.net
Thu Dec 12 10:46:50 PST 2002

You use separate databases for freeside and ICRadius, the ones you created
when you setup each app.

In MySQL:
   Create a user and grant him all privileges to your radius database (you
can skinny these privileges up after you get it working). If you're running
Radius on the same machine as freeside, give this user access from localhost
only. Also this user must have a password or the exports won't work (I think,
but still a REAL good idea).

In Freeside:
   Create a sqlradius to localhost export (or to whatever host ICRadius is
on). In this export set:
datasrc  = DBI:mysql:<TheNameOfYourICRadiusDatabase>
username = <TheNameOfYourUserYouSetupAbove>
password = <ThePasswordYouSetupAbove>
The capitalization in the datasrc statement is critical; DBI must be
capitalized, mysql not capitalized (assuming you have DBD::mysql installed)
and your database the same capitalization of your database.
   Attach the sqlradius export to any svc_acct that you want the user info to
go to radius. Any time you add a new user it will add the user to radius.
Works well for me:). In fact, the modify, delete and suspend functions work
well also.

Eric