[freeside] Evaluating Freeside

Jeff Foster jfoste at woodward.com
Fri Dec 7 11:25:56 PST 2001

From: Todd Miller [mailto:toddmi at ikano.com]
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2001 12:41 PM

> I have been evaluating the billing portion of Freeside via the web demo
and
> by reading the mailing list archives.  Below are some of my findings.  I
> just wanted to see if what I have found is true and see if any progress
has
> been made in any of the areas.  We are trying to determine our greatest
> needs from Freeside and where we should begin with our contributions to
the
> project.

> *  The current payment types are credit card, check/cash and comp.  Are
> there any plans or is anyone currently working on the inclusion of ACH as
> payment type?

I have started some work on adding a check draft payment plan that would
probably
work better as a ACH system. I have hacked the cvs code to add a CHCK
payment
and modified the schema to support the attributes need for this change. At
that
point I decided that it would be better to do ACH transfer and started
investigating
that direction. Unfortunately my time is limited and I haven't gotten any
further on the project.

Jeff Foster
jfoste at woodward.com

***
The information in this e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this
e-mail in error please notify the sender by return e-mail, delete this
e-mail, and refrain from any disclosure or action based on the information.
****