First time installation

John Cordeiro jcordeiro at just-hostit.com
Mon Nov 13 11:08:23 PST 2000

Ivan:
Hello I have been looking at freeside as my billing package for a hosting
company. I am not an ISP but a wpp. Will freeside work for my needs. I would
like to offer hosting packages with different configurations and prices and
have the services auto provisioned on a redhat 6.0 server I have installed
and tested MySQL and perl 5.004.5 apache 1.3.6. I have also gone through the
installation documents and tried a sample install on a demo puter. I am
having major trouble with the install. The #make part seemed to work ok and
I have no problems running cgi from any dir as the dir user. But I get
fs-setup errors when I try to execute ./fs-setup in the conf directory:

Can't locate FreezeThaw.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503 /usr/lib/perl5/sit
e_perl/5.005/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005) at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/FS/dbdef.pm line 7.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/FS/dbdef.pm line 7.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./fs-setup line 102.

The conf doc refers to /usr/etc/freeside/ but that doesn't exist. Also do I
cp the fs-1.2.3 files other than ./htdocs somewhere. My question is are
there any other, more complete, install instructions for FS other than the
online docs, More detail. Also the distribution I have is 1.2.3 and is
missing several conf files mentioned in the docs.

Please help
Thanks
John Cordeiro