[freeside] First time installation

Kristian Hoffmann khoff at pc-intouch.com
Tue Nov 14 09:59:25 PST 2000

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, John Cordeiro wrote:

> Ivan:
> Hello I have been looking at freeside as my billing package for a hosting
> company. I am not an ISP but a wpp. Will freeside work for my needs. I would
> like to offer hosting packages with different configurations and prices and
> have the services auto provisioned on a redhat 6.0 server I have installed
> and tested MySQL and perl 5.004.5 apache 1.3.6. I have also gone through the
> installation documents and tried a sample install on a demo puter. I am
> having major trouble with the install. The #make part seemed to work ok and
> I have no problems running cgi from any dir as the dir user. But I get
> fs-setup errors when I try to execute ./fs-setup in the conf directory:
>
> Can't locate FreezeThaw.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503 /usr/lib/perl5/sit
> e_perl/5.005/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005) at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/FS/dbdef.pm line 7.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/FS/dbdef.pm line 7.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./fs-setup line 102.

It looks like you don't have the FreezeThaw perl module installed.

> The conf doc refers to /usr/etc/freeside/ but that doesn't exist. Also do I
> cp the fs-1.2.3 files other than ./htdocs somewhere. My question is are
> there any other, more complete, install instructions for FS other than the
> online docs, More detail. Also the distribution I have is 1.2.3 and is
> missing several conf files mentioned in the docs.

Try reading,
http://www.sisd.com/freeside/docs/install.html
&
http://www.sisd.com/freeside/docs/config.html

It's ALL in there with step by step instructions.  If the config directory
placement/naming is a bit unclear, check the mailing listarchives.  Ivan,
and I, have explained it at least a dozen times.

-Kristian
<khoff at pc-intouch.com>