[freeside] One Time Charges

ivan ivan at 420.am
Tue Mar 21 14:23:56 PST 2000

On Sun, Mar 19, 2000 at 06:28:10PM -0800, GaryP wrote:
> First I would like to thank Ivan and everyone involved in Freeside.  Just
> downloaded it last week and have it up and running with few problems.  We
> are in the testing phase right now and have a question about 'one time
> charges.'
>
> We have several co-located servers that we charge a set fee for monthly.
> >From time to time, an owner of one of these servers will have us upgrade
> hardware or install software.  What is the best way to enter this 'one
> time
> charge' into Freeside?  The charge is usually different each time,
> depending on what the owners wants done.

Create an empty package (one with no services).  Order that package for
the customer.  Once the package has been ordered, hit the "customize
pricing" link for that package.  Change the setup fee to your one-time
charge and verify that the recurring fee and frequency are 0.  The custom
pricing will be for this instance for this customer only, not every
instance of the package.

Interface-wise, this could be laid out a little better, though in the
back-end it would be doing the same thing.

Hope that helps.

--
meow