[freeside] Couple of Questions

Jim Scott jscott at infoconex.com
Tue Mar 7 08:17:47 PST 2000

One could easily create two sets of documentation that are specific to each
type of SQL that the software supports. I think the goal should be to make
it as easy as possible for anyone to be able to install your software. Since
your software requires many different applications then the goal I would
think would be to make installing those required software pieces as easy as
possible as well so as to avoid problems with the installation of your
product.

Call it a tutorial or a help document. I think the goal is the same. Get
freeside billing software installed and working.

Also what about a perl script that a person would access after making sure
all the components that are required are installed that would walk a user
thru a serious of questions that would then setup the database, company
information etc...

I found a great piece of software called UltraBoard. Was fantastic and easy
to setup. Access a perl script asks you a serious of questions. Shows you if
all checks out and you are done.

This would be a nice to see in your software as well.

Jim